The Delaware Division of the Arts opens its 2017/2018 Mezzanine Gallery Solo Exhibitions this month.
Division of the Arts Program Officer for Artists Programs and Services Roxanne Stanulis says the Divisions’ gallery is located on the second floor of the Carvel State Office Building in Wilmington.
"We currently have monthly exhibitions and it features a new artist every month. And we're on a, sort of a school year. We announce the schedule for September through next summer."
Stanulis says the gallery presents solo exhibitions of work by Delaware artists in disciplines including painting, photography, sculpture, crafts, folk, and media artists. The opportunity to exhibit is available to emerging and established visual artists who have won Individual Artist Fellowships or have been chosen by the Division’s annual Gallery Panel.
Opening receptions are typically held the First Friday of the month from 5-7 p.m. to coincide with the City of Wilmington’s Art Loop. The reception is free and open to the public. Each month, the artist will be in attendance to greet visitors and answer questions about his or her work. The artwork is generally available for purchase directly from the artist. Artist this year and next include:
- Yolanda Chetwynd - Painting - Sept. 1-29
- Ray Magnani - Photography - Oct. 6-27
- Jennifer Borders - Sculpture - Nov. 3-22
- Beth Trepper - Photography - Dec. 1-29
- Hugh Phibbs - Works on Paper - Feb. 2-23
- Terrance Vann - Painting - March 2-29
- Jeam Diver - Works on Paper - April 6-27
- Alexi Natchevn - Works on Paper - May 4-25
- Carlos Alejandro - Photography - June 1-29
- Jason Weaver - Works on Paper - July 6-27
- Shellu Koon - Photography - August 3-31
The Mezzanine Gallery is open weekdays from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m at the Carvel State Office Building at 820 N. French Street in Wilmington.
Delaware Public Media' s arts coverage is made possible, in part, by support from the Delaware Division of the Arts, a state agency dedicated to nurturing and supporting the arts in Delaware, in partnership with the National Endowment for the Arts.