What is underwriting?
Underwriting is paid sponsorship by businesses, for-profit and nonprofit, that want to support public media while reaching premier audiences with on-air and online marketing messages.
Delaware Public Media’s sponsors are leaders in Delaware’s corporate community who support responsible, civil, nonprofit public-service media, while building their businesses and extending their brands deeply into the Delaware community.
How will underwriting help my company?
It’s “the halo effect.” Three out of four NPR listeners say their opinion of a company is more positive when they learn that it sponsors public radio.
With premier recognition on air, online, and in the community, Delaware Public Media sponsors seize a unique, high profile opportunity to reach Delaware’s engaged, educated, tech-savvy public radio audience.
Underwriting on Delaware Public Media offers you the opportunity to:
- Extend your company’s brand
- Educate professionals about your business
- Announce events, recruit staff, share news about your company
- Separate your name from the clutter of commercial advertising
- Identify your company with civic and community awareness
- Build credibility by associating with premier brands such as NPR and the BBC
- Join respected institutions such as the University of Delaware, Delaware State University, Longwood Foundation, Corporation Service Company
- Enjoy appreciation from colleagues, customers, and peers who recognize your commitment to the community
And because Delaware Public Media is a nonprofit corporation, your underwriting contribution is 100% tax deductible.
How can I get my message on air and online?
Delaware Public Media will work with your company to develop your message and to select a sponsorship package that suits your needs.
For more information, contact Casey Houtz, Station Manager:
“We're thrilled to be involved with this timely, forward-thinking project. CSC has deep roots in Delaware, and we've always maintained that what's good for Delaware is good for us.”
—Rod Ward, Corporation Service Company's president and CEO, Delaware Public Media Founding Core Sponsor